My Favorite Snippets from “Delivering Happiness”
Reading Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh’s “Delivering Happiness” book was like reading a novel and a business book at the same time. It was so engaging that I read the entire 250+ page paperback in one sitting.
Here are my favorite snippets from the book – enjoy!
- Build a brand from the inside out.
- Without conscious and deliberate effort, inertia always wins.
- Envision, create, and believe in your own universe, and the universe will form around you.
- Never outsource your core competency.
- Great companies have a greater purpose and bigger vision beyond just making money or being number one in a market.
- Celebrate your past and current successes while carefully navigating for the future.
- Be as transparent as possible.
- A word is a word, a picture is worth a thousand… but a brand is worth a million.
- Lifetime value of a client/customer can increase via positive emotional association with your brand.
- Build trust and engagement, not buzz.
- Problems are just mile markers. Each one passed means you’ve gotten better.
- The best leaders are servant-leaders.
- Make a plan, work it through to completion.
This is definitely a book you want to have as part of your business-building library. Get your copy here: